Dr Sci. (Soc.), Cand. Sci. (Philos.), Professor, member of the International Higher Education Academy of Sciences, member of the Russian Academy of Humanities, editor-in-chief of the scientific journal "Siberian Socium", University of Tyumen.
Soviet and Russian sociologist, expert in the field of theoretical sociology, sociology of youth and education, political sociology, social statistics, sociology of personality, Siberian and comparative studies.
Currently he lives in St. Petersburg.
In 1994-2000, he worked as the first deputy chairman of the Krasnoyarsk Territory Committee of State Statistics; he received the qualification category of the Adviser of the Russian Federation of the 1st class.
In 1990, he created the Department of Sociology at the Krasnoyarsk State University, in 2002 — the Department of Sociology and Public Relations at the Institute of Pedagogy, Psychology and Sociology. He managed them already in the framework of the Federal State University of Higher Professional Education “Siberian Federal University” (until March 2016). In 2010-2012, he became the Director of the Center for Sociological Research at the Office of Personnel and Personnel Policy of the Siberian Federal University.
Since 2016 he has been working as a senior researcher, chief editor of the academic journal “Siberian socium” (founded by Tyumen State University).
Regional vice-president of the Russian Society of Sociologists (Siberia, the Far East).
Member of the united diss. Council D 999.029.02 (doctoral) of the Siberian Federal University and Tuvan State University in Philosophy and Culturology.
In 2013-2014, he was an expert of the Russian Science Foundation, and an expert of the Russian Humanitarian Scientific Foundation. Currently he is a certified expert of the Scientific Research Institute – Federal Research Centre for Projects Evaluation and Consulting Services (SRI FRCEC), member of the Scientific Coordination Council on the program “Sociocultural development of Russia and its regions” of the Institute of Philosophy of the Russian Academy of Sciences; member of the International Sociological Association (ISA), member of the Association of Science Editors and Publishers (ASEP) and member of the European Association of Science Editors (EASE).
He has participated in the implementation of a number of international grants (provided by: the Kettering Foundation (USA), the MacArthur Foundation, the National Institute of Health of the United States (NIH), INTAS, etc.), as well as in interregional comparative studies, supervised 8 grants of the Russian Humanitarian Scientific Foundation, research projects for organizations from Moscow, St. Petersburg, the Krasnoyarsk Territory.
He participates in:
• the editorial Boards of the Siberian Federal University Journal, series “Humanities” (published in English), of the journal “Regionology”, of the journal “Bulletin of KemSU. Series: Political, Sociological and Economic sciences”;
• the editorial councils of the “Journal of Philosophical Research” and the scientific electronic journal “Urban Studies”.
He has supervised 31 candidates of sociological and philosophical sciences, and 3 doctors of sociological sciences.
He has received the following awards and incentives:
• Gratitude of the President of the Russian Federation “For great services in the humanitarian sphere, active public work and long-term conscientious work”, 2014 (23 June 2014, no 193-rp);
• Badge “Honored Worker of Higher Professional Education of the Russian Federation”, 2007;
• Medal "200th Anniversary of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation", 2002;
• Badge “Honored worker of the Russian Sociologists Society”, 2012;
• Honorary badge “For contribution to the development of sociological education in Russia”, 2009;
• Certificate of Honor of the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation, 2002.
• total number of publications in WOS/Scopus — 30; RSCI – 186.
• total publications — 265, including 30 monographs, textbooks and students’ guides;
• Hirsch indices: RSCI – 27; Web of Science Core Collection – 2, Scopus – 1.
Google Scholar: Citation statistic – 1730; h-index – 21; i10-index – 50;
ResearcherID: 38 publications;
ORCID: 41 publications.